Tuscany... a landscape of wooded hills, olive groves, vineyards, and hill towns. Vistas have barely changed since Renaissance artists first beheld them. On this culinary tour of Tuscany you will see and experience the treasures of this rich region, learning its cuisine and culture, and participate in hands-on Tuscan cooking lessons with Chef Claudio Piantini. Excursions include visits to open air food markets, the Chianti wine country, and a food an culture tour of Florence.
Chef Claudio Piantini will lead you in your culinary lessons. Following his formal chef training, he became a professional sommelier and managed a restaurant in Florence. His dream, of course, was to have his own restaurant, and he returned to his hometown to open Torre Guelfa Restaurant, which immediately put his rising start on the culinary horizo n.
5 nights in Tuscany and one night in Rome.
Included in the Program:
- Five nights accommodations at Hotel Villa Casagrande in Figline Valdarno
- One night accommodations in Rome's Grand Hotel Beverly Hills or similar
- Round-trip air St. Louis/Rome FCO
- Round-trip transfers Rome FCO airport
- Four hands-on cooking classes
- Meals and excursions as per itinerary